So, we are not starting her chemo today. Delayed again……I am disappointed but not surprised as this has been our pattern. Her ANC (part of her white blood count) was too low to start but she is clearly making platelets and hemoglobin, so that means her marrow is partially recovered and we just have to wait for more white cells.
Maddie is immunocompromised so we will be laying low until we go in Thursday to check her counts again.
Also, as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month comes to a close, I want to share a great article with lots of fabulous pictures. Check it out, it is more pics than writing, but it is touching (at least to me).
I will update after our re-try on Thursday!